For printed boxes, bottles, jars, cartons and packets where ‘warn and inform’ information or instructions are as important as branding and appearance, peel and reseal labels offer a highly versatile and space-saving solution.
Peel and reseal labels are a form of multi-layer label, whereby users simply peel away the branded top layer of the label to reveal additional pages beneath containing further information such as usage directions and compliance warnings.
They can be used on bottles of all shapes and sizes as well as on boxes and cartons.
Benefits of peel and reseal labels
Also known as “piggyback” or “multi-layer” labels, peel & reseal labels create extra print space, potentially reducing the number of labels needed for your products as well as cutting application time – thus helping to reduce cost.
Benefits of peel and reseal labels include:
- Increased label print area with up to 5 layers
- Available in almost any size or shape
- Ideal for adding extra information to small bottle labels
- Multiple material and ink types for durability against customer handling, product spills, moisture and storage in uncontrolled conditions with varying temperature and humidity
- Multiple print finishes including matte, gloss, spot varnish and specialised ink
- Available with tactile or a blank face.
Other kinds of multi-layer labels
Other forms of multi-layer labels are available for many different purposes, each intended to open up much like a leaflet with multiple pages. In each case, the label can carry branding on the outer or top layer, with further information such as warning or usage instructions beneath.
Depending on the intended purpose, the multi-layer label can be:
- Peel and reveal: outer layer remains attached but cannot be ‘resealed’
- Peel and separate: outer layer detaches and can be discarded or stored elsewhere
- Peel and reseal: as detailed above, outer layer closes (or ‘reseals’) when needed to retain quality look and feel.
Features and options of multi-layer labels:
- Suitable for all sizes and shapes of bottles
- Can be made from durable materials designed to withstand oils and chemicals
- Ideal for displaying compliance information, warning text or important product information
- Available for overprinting variable data using thermal transfer printers
- Can be supplied printed with variable information.
Printers and thermal transfer ribbons suitable for finishing labels are available from stock.
Printed and blank multi-layer labels
Multi-layer labels can be supplied fully printed or blank, and use more than one print process, depending on requirements
- Fully printed peel and reseal labels: all layers are printed and the label can include an integrated tactile label if required.
- Blank faced peel and reseal labels: inside layers are printed and the label is run through an Epson or similar colour label printer producing a finished label.
- Digital peel and reseal labels: digital print allows the creation of multiple variations for greater variety at competitive rates. Download our Print-ready Artwork Guide.
Commonly used in
E-liquids containing nicotine must carry text on TPD legislation.
Cosmetics often have additional information for end users.
Food & Drink Labels
Food labels require ingredients lists highlighting any allergens.