We love to talk labels! Discuss your specific requirements with us or ask about any of our label products or services.
Food & Drinks Labels
Strongly branded food and drink labels help your products stand out on supermarket shelves.
We supply printed and plain labels for branding, as well as for display of usage instructions, nutrition information and allergen warnings.
About our food & drink labels
- Waterproof and fridge-freezer-ready
- Food legislation compliant
- Food grade adhesive
- Printed clear labels for no-look label appearance
- High hygiene service
- Tamper evident labels
- Ideal for food pouches
- White gloss synthetic labels resistant to water and oil spills
Tamper evident label seals for food containers
We supply tamper evident labels for jars, boxes and cartons to suit the product, application and environment.
We can also supply other forms of tamper evident packaging including void labels, ultra-destructible labels and holographic labels.
These labels are used for a vast range of food and drink products on bottles, jars, juices, granules and powders in boxes and pouches.
All our labels are printed to standards required for supermarkets and are completely shelf ready.
Food & Drink Labels FAQs
- Free PDF print proofs
- Full-colour digital or flexographic printing
- Range of finishes and enhancements
- Variety of paper materials, including plain white and kraft
- Rapid turnaround time from three days
Depending on your label quantities and design, your labels will be printed digitally or flexographically.
There’s no hard and fast rule about digital over flexo print, but usually volume, label type and design are key factors in the decision.
HP Indigo digital presses give the most vibrant colours and can match or exceed flexo quality without the need for costly plates.
To make your brand stand out on crowded shelf, choose from a range of label finishes:
- Metallic or holographic foiling adding security and shine to the label
- Spot varnishes to make parts of your label “pop”
- Textured papers for a quality and “aged” feel
- Peel and reseal labels providing extra space for information
- 2D & QR codes for marketing and smartphone use
Virtually any label shape can be supplied using digital or conventional die-cutters, for example:
- Circular labels– base or lid topping labels
- Rectangular labels– main bottle label
- Lollipop labels– ideal low-level tamper proofing
- Oval labels– alternative main label shape
Paper labels can be made with any adhesive according to what product or surface they will be applied to, intended durability, conditions of manufacture and storage and requirement for removal or recycling of the label. Example label adhesive specifications include:
- Deep freeze– temperatures below minus 10
- Removable– easy peel (no residue) or standard peel off labels
- Standard permanent– used for most labels
- High tack– for application on tricky surfaces such as car tyres or condensation areas.
Yes. Waterproof labels usually require a synthetic label material. Water resistance can be achieved using a varnish or over-laminating.
Much depends on your priorities and requirements. Paper labels cost less and survive well in most environments. Labels made from plastic or synthetic material such as polypropylene (PP) are more resilient.
Labels cannot usually be recycled, because the adhesive used on most labels causes recycling machines to “gum up”.
Yes, recycled face paper is often used in label production. Ask us for details.