Tactile Warning Labels
Made to European Standard BS – EN – ISO 11683
Tactile Rolls Benefits
Applied to existing labels
No redesign necessary because the label is clear so does not impede design.
Ordered from UK stock
Order before 12:30 for next working day delivery.
Cost saving on short runs
Easy to fix to labels and become compliant.
Integrated Tactile Benefits
Job Done Quicker
Because the bottle label has the tactile integrated within only 1 label is applied to the bottle
It's ONE order, not two
Save time on admin and applying the tactile.
Cheaper option if you print a larger volume
Simple & Elegant
Machine applied integrated tactile looks far slicker. Print and apply systems
Choose Readability for Tactile Warning Labels
Need to be BS or ISO11683 compliant?
Car cleaning products, shoe polish and e-liquids are just some of the industries that have to be aware of this legislation. You need not fear as Readability has a solution for you.
We offer two compliant solutions and guarantee the readability of your label will not be compromised by the product warning labels we supply. In fact; we can even enhance your artwork with an integrated tactile label without any changes to the design of your product label.
Please note that you can’t put a tactile label through an inkjet label printer, you can put them through a thermal transfer printer but you can’t print on the raised area.
Clear Tactile Warning Labels
Applying the raised triangle labels on existing packaging is simple and cost effective. A label redesign is not required and the raised triangle labels are available from stock.
Rolls of clear Tactile Triangle Labels are available from stock in two sizes, either a 9mm triangle centrally on a 15mm diameter circular sticker or 18mm tactile triangle (25mm sticker) and can be used for a manual or automatic label application.
The raised triangles are supplied on a clear circular label which is applied over the printed label. Transparency means there is little danger of obscuring text or printed warning symbols.
A black line sensor mark is printed onto the backing paper of the labels to allow sensing on automatic applicators.
These labels and all our labels are manufactured in the UK.
The screen printing equipment allows us to print the exact heights and length. The triangle “build” height and tolerances are crucial. QC checks throughout the process ensure the labels are compliant to BS/ISO11683.
Integrated Tactile Warning Labels
The Integrated Tactile Triangle Warning Labels are compliant with legislation and are more aesthetically pleasing, with an attractive look and feel which can actually enhance your product. The integration of the raised triangle into the product label removes the requirement for a separate label application process, saving time.
Integrated Tactile Warning Labels are available to order. An integrated label involves the raised triangle being screen printed onto your product label as a single process immediately after the label has been professionally printed.
Your best option will depend on a number of factors such as the volume of product handled and the diversity of your product range.
About Tactile Triangles & EN ISO 11683 (2018)
- Present on handling surface – not removed in use
- Appear as an Equilateral Triangle:
- 16-20mm long 1.5-1.9mm thick
- 8-10mm long and 0.8-1.2mm thick
- Solid 3-4mm triangle
- 0.5mm Dots between 4-9mm apart centre to centre
- Not required on outer packaging
- Not placed near embossed surfaces that could cause confusion
- Remain tactile throughout the product life
It should be noted that the warning should be the normal size (16-20mm) where possible, reduced down to 9mm or even 3mm when these and the dots are not physically possible.
- Packaging with a base
- Tactile placed on the upright surface
- Apex of the triangle within 50mm of the bottom or near as possible or lid if there is no bottom
- No base: Tubes/cartridges
- Placed on the shoulder around tube or nozzle.
- Aerosols placed where the finger is placed to operate the spray
- Full opening: Twisty top
- As near as possible to the opening
Tactile Labels FAQ
You must ensure that any products you sell to the public which are covered by the legislation have a tactile warning of danger in the form of a raised triangle label.
There are two options available:
- You can purchase rolls of clear tactile warning labels and affix them to your packaging and containers as an addition to your existing warning labels.
- Alternatively, you can opt for an integrated warning triangle label. The raised triangle is then an integral part of your product label. This is achieved by screen printing a raised triangle as a single process immediately after the packaging label has been professionally printed.