As you’ll know by now, to sell an e-liquid product within the EU, it must be TPD compliant. The information required to satisfy the TPD requirements is extensive. Readability’s customers usually use a peel and reseal label or a single ply label with a printed carton (box) and a patient information leaflet.
What are patient information leaflets?
Patient information leaflets share necessary, and often legally required, information with the end user. They are usually printed on thin, recycled or recyclable paper, but there are a range of substrates available. The format is often adapted to the volume of information and the production procedures to ensure ease of use on the packaging lines.
Readability’s printed patient information leaflets
Our information leaflets are:
- Suitable for e-liquids, for compliance with TPD requirements
- Ready for use with packaging machines or hand insertion
- Delivered folded or unfolded
- Supplied on coated material to suit your application
We can also provide a range of print and fold options including:
- A range of sizes and styles to meet EU legislation and MHRA rules
- Reverse printing, single and double sided
- Multiple colours or simply printed black
- A range of styles from small to large formats
- A variety of fold options: double parallel, concertina, triple parallel, open gate gold, closed gate fold, roll fold, cross fold
But what is the TPD?
The Tobacco Products Directive is a “directive of the European Union which places limits on the sale and merchandising of tobacco and tobacco related products in the EU.” The TPD was originally created in 2001 but was revised in 2014 to include e-cigarettes.
After passage, each EU member state had to transpose the requirements of the TPD into their own laws by May 20, 2016. After that, most countries allowed retailers a one-year period to sell through their non-TPD compliant stock.
How does it affect e-liquid products?
E-liquid manufacturers need to follow these rules for their products to be TPD compliant:
- Bottle capacity must not exceed 10 mL
- Nicotine strength must not exceed 20 mg/mL
- Bottles must have childproof caps and nozzles that limit liquid flow
- Bottles must have nicotine warning stickers
- E-liquid boxes must include warning and informational leaflets
Readability has been supplying the e-liquid market for years. We’re here to help you find the best packaging solution and really stand out on the shop shelf.
We can supply a wide range of packaging solutions for your e-liquid products including cartons and labels. Additionally, we can also supply information leaflets which are required under the TPD rules.
Got a question?
If you’re still unsure on your patient information leaflet requirements, contact our team today, we’re happy to support you with finding the right solution.
Readability provides a range of specialist printed labels and packaging for even the most complex and custom product needs. Choose from a wide range of paper and synthetic label materials with multiple finishes and embellishments. For further information, contact the team on 01440 712 273, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our contact form here.